New Year 2019 Goals and Resolutions (Version 2)

Version 1 was here - http://phiarmor.blogspot.com/2018/12/2019-goals-resolutions-financial-rules.html - slight update 2 weeks later!

Discipline is essential!
The key is happy, patient and relaxed! (No worries, no cares, just discipline!)
(Greatly) do your own thing/go your own way...
If you’re not learning/experiencing new things, you’re going backwards.
Work and money is not your god; living, sharing, caring and giving is!
Concentrate for 45 minutes minimum (distraction kills productivity!)
Do what you say you’re going to do, and don’t procrastinate - make efficient decisions!
Always be curious!

Personal/Relationship Goal:

I’m looking forward to my holiday end of February. The plan is to get the girlfriend a visa, and take it from there. Let’s see how it goes.

Career/Vocational Goal:

Work hard to become a Senior Consultant!

Love all your customers!
Talk and share more with colleagues!
Read more PDFs/whitepapers for work (more labs, more training, more study, endless learning)!
Focus! Love what you do (you'll enjoy it more and be better at it!)

Material/Possessional Goal:

Move to a house with a double garage!

My Lotus ownership experience has been somewhat thwarted by lack of facilities. I’d very much like to garage my Lotus and maintain it myself. Moving house is targeted for 2020. Of course, that means no wasting money buying cars (but I may have to sell to finance a house move - hopefully not but we’ll see).

Health Goals (Physical and Mental):

Still aiming for that sub 20-minute 5k!

Wake up early (0400) to do Insanity workouts up to 6 days a week.
Participate more in Park Runs (volunteer is an idea) and 10k+ runs (Athletics/Running club is another idea!)
Listen to more music (good for mental health!)
Read more for pleasure (keeps the mental demons away!)

Financial Rules:

No more buying cars!
Overpay mortgages £166 and £499 per month, and personal loan £333 per month without fail!
No more building up credit card debt; credit cards must be paid off every month (even if that requires savings). If you’re in the red, you’ve simply got to tighten your belt and spend less (or sell things)!
Generally, enjoy life and experiences (life’s no fun if you obsess about every penny), but be financially responsible!

Long Term Goal:

- Freedom!

Freedom to do what you love!

I am lucky to have an excellent job, but if I won big on the lottery, I know I wouldn’t still be doing the job I do now. I’d love to travel more, see places I’ve not seen, more trekking, more driving, more skiing, quality time with the girlfriend and family, going back to University and doing more degrees, debating, participating in clubs, sharing more via blogs and video, volunteering/charity/helping people, doing good karmic deeds!

*I’m not a needy person; I don’t need anyone and greatly value my independence and freedom. When the day comes that I actually need someone to care for me and help me to live, that’s my time to bail!

Image: By the power of skull!