2019 Goals, Resolutions, Financial Rules, and Long Term Goals

  
Nearly the end of the year, and I’d been sitting on this post, so now feels like a good time to put it out as a reminder/focus to myself.

Personal/Relationship Goal(s):

- Get a visa for my girlfriend (when I go to see her in Feb/March next year.)
- When my girlfriend visits England, and meets my parents, if all is well, we’ll get married.
- Endeavour (in a relaxed way) to be more dad like (my girlfriends daughters are family)...

Career/Vocational Goal(s):

I’m very happy with my current employer and job, but next year will mark 6 years with the same employer and same role, is it time to seek a new challenge? NO, I don't want to change. If circumstances change in the future, we'll look elsewhere. My goal:

- Work hard to become a Senior Consultant

Admittedly motivation has been lacking recently. With the New Year and new opportunities, I need to reinvigorate myself and get my mojo back (find the element of fun.)

Material Possessions Goal:

- Move to a house with big garage and some parking space.

I’m thinking to avoid new builds and estates, but open to good opportunities. I’ll probably have to move further away from London. With Brexit in 2019, and currently still building where I live, this may not be until 2020.

Resolutions:

- (Dedication to fitness) Waking up early (0400) to do Insanity workouts up to 6 days a week! (5k/10k/+ runs too)
- Listen to more music and watch less YouTube!*
- Read more PDFs/Whitepapers for work.
- Read more for pleasure.
- Continue to create content for blogs and YouTube.**

*I am a YouTube content creator (not a very good one), still I think if I never watch YouTube, or only watched YouTube for educational purposes, that would be excellent.
**This is dependent on having quality stuff to share.

Financial Rules:

- Stop changing cars!*
- No building up Credit Card debt, must be paid off every month (even if that requires savings)
- Overpay MG1 £499, MG2 £166, Personal Loan £333 every month without fail!
- Generally, just be sensible, live within your means and make reasonable efficiencies where you can.

*Leia and I are in a long-term relationship (might colour change in 2020). The Audi might be sold but can only be replaced with something cheaper or of very similar value. Ideally the Audi stays until its warranty expires in early 2021!

Long Term Goal:

- Freedom!

Freedom to do what you love!

I am lucky to have an excellent job. But if I won big on the lottery, I know I wouldn’t still be doing the job I do now.
I’d love to travel more, see places I’ve not seen, more trekking, more driving (and trackdays), more skiing, quality time with the girlfriend and family, going back to University and doing more degrees and debating, sharing more via blogs and video (YouTube), doing good charitable deeds, helping people...

Note: If you’re not disciplined - in your work, time, how you spend money, etcetera - the long term goal will move further and further away!