Update on Goals: With Sacrifices, Routines, and Goals Achieved!

Your goals will evolve over time, as you achieve goals, learn new things. and change. And so, mine have changed since http://phiarmor.blogspot.com/2017/07/3-core-questions-to-build-my-success.html.

My Goals

My Lifestyle Goals
I want a simple life (this doesn't mean an easy life though; a hard life isn't a bad thing at all, as this quote illustrates "A Smooth Sea Never Made a Skilled Sailor").
Predominantly, I want to have an abundance of enthusiasm and curiosity for my worklove being productive, have a strong want to work hard (but not stress), and be a great employee.
I also want to enjoy: cars (driving adventures/events/experiences/meetings/track days), holidays & weekend cultural trips, music, movies, reading, food, alcohol (cider). And be prudent without over-the-top abstention!
Target = Already started!

My Business Goal
I need to keep an open mind for a great business opportunity to pop.
In the meantime, I can continue enjoying developing content for my blogs:
1) IT, 2) Exam Help, 3) Philosophy/Psychology/Politics/Random (this one)
Target = Already Started!
Note: If I get time, other stuff I’d like to do:
4) Cars (New), 5) Vlogging car adventures (with GoPro), 6) Maths

My Certification Goals
Get AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
Target = October 2017
Note: Goals for after are: ‘NCSA-Hybrid Cloud [NSO-146]’ and ‘NCSIE [NSO-180]’ (November). After those, more AWS certs, Azure certs, Docker certs...

My Health and Fitness Goal
To run 5km in sub 20 minutes.
Target = Mid-2018
Note: Aim to do Insanity 4 times a week, 2 x ~10km runs a week, and avoid injury!

My Relationship Goal
To bring my girlfriend to my country.
Target = Mid/Late 2018
Note: Visit VISA Expert/Broker in January 2018.

My Only Material Items Goal
To move to a house with a garage and driveway.
Target = 2020 (Marks 5 years in current home)
Note: House on market in March 2020. If not having a garage becomes a problem/family concerns, will do in 2018!

My Vocational Goal
To become a Senior IT Consultant/Senior Solutions Architect
Target = 2026 (age 50)

My Financial Goal
To be financially independent (no mortgage, some investments, good pension, business income ...)
Target = 2031 (age 55)

My Long-Term Goals
When my career comes-to-an-end, I don’t ever want to be retired, must always be doing something productive (even if it’s low paid menial work). Ideas: mature student, teacher, author, driver, politician, philosopher, inventor...
Target = The future!

My Sacrifices

Expensive Drink: Drink water as much as possible - it’s good for you, and tap water is nearly free. Max 1 hot chocolate a day. Max 4 ciders (a 4-pack) a week!
Unnecessary Treats: 1 ultimate chocolate brownie/similar a week (otherwise: salads, healthy meals...)
Utilities: Minimal use of gas/electric/water.
Vacations: Only 1 foreign vacation a year (otherwise, in the UK).

My Routines

Morning: 7 minutes foot massage and 3 minutes Achilles massage (on both)
Morning: Exercises
Evening: Insanity (must be home before 5:30)
Evening: 7 minutes foot massage and 3 minutes Achilles massage (on both)
Evening: Exercises (unless have done Insanity)
Note: Later on, I’ll add running back in.

My Achievements

Material Items Goal
To own a Lotus Elise!
Which has been a dream for over 20 years - for me it is the perfect sportscar; small, lightweight, fast and fun.
“You’re a long-time dead!” as someone said. Live out your dreams before that’s all they’ll ever be.
Target = 2017
Achieved = Aug 17, 2017

Quotes on Achievement

Image: Many of the great ACHIEVEMENTS of the world were accomplished by TIRED AND DISCOURAGED people who kept on WORKING! - Douglas MacArthur

Image: All Great Achievements Require Time - Maya Angelou

Image: Comfort is the enemy of achievement - Farrah Gray

Image: A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement - Bo Bennett