3 Core Questions to Build My Success Plan: Example Goals! (My Goals)

Since you can’t trust a doctor who refuses his own medicine, similarly you can’t trust a philosopher who doesn’t practice his own philosophy, so here I am practicing: 3 Core Questions to Build Your Success Plan. One thing you’ll notice is that I didn’t directly answer the questions from that post (there’s no rule that says I must), and - in fact - condensed them down to one main question with a list of goals.

I’m a simple man and I want to live a simple life, so my goals are simple and straightforward (but not necessarily easy.) Whilst I was doing this process, 3 rules sprang to mind:

i: You’ve got to live well within your means (so you can save/invest/...)
ii: "You need get really clear about all the things that you want to have in your life" - Damon Fryer (at the same, don't think too much: "If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done." - Bruce Lee.)
iii: You need to be patient.

The goals have been ordered chronologically on target completion date with the earliest first. I should point out that every goal would usually have a trailing “How?” as in “How am I going to achieve the goal?”; since I know the ‘how and why’ and didn’t think it would be of interest, I’ve omitted this information.


Q: What are my goals and what can I do to achieve them?

My lifestyle goals...
... are simple. A simple life, enjoy my work, enjoy being productive, enjoy music, enjoy movies, enjoy alcohol (cider), enjoy food, enjoy at least 2 holidays a year, enjoy cars (driving/events/experiences/meetings/track days), be prudent without over-the-top abstention (some sacrifices, but not too many) ...
Target = Already started!

My business goal...
... is to develop content for my blogs (IT, Exam Help, Philosophy, and a new Math’s blog). Branch out into vlogging. And keep an open mind to other opportunities (it’s difficult to make good money from blogging and YouTube).
Target = Already Started!

My material items goal (1 of 2) ...
... is to own a Lotus Elise (to be used on track days/driving experiences).
Target = 2017 (You’re a long-time dead, no reason I can’t achieve this goal this year!)

My health and fitness goal...
... is to run 5km in sub 20 minutes (to achieve this I would consider joining a club).
Target = Mid-2018.

My relationship goal...
... is to bring my Thai girlfriend to my country, so she can see where I live and meet my parents.
Target = Mid/Late-2018.

My material items goal (2 of 2) ...
... is to move to a house with a garage and driveway.
Target = 2020 (Marks 5 years at my current house - moving to a new house isn’t something you want to do too regularly!)

My vocational goal...
... is to become a Senior Consultant/Senior Architect
Target = 2026 (age 50)

My financial goal...
... to be financially independent (no mortgage, some investments, good pension, business income ...)
Target = 2026 (age 50)

My long-term goals...
... when my career comes-to-an-end, I don’t ever want to be retired, must always be doing something productive (even if it’s low paid menial work). Ideas: mature student, teacher, author, driver...
Target = The future!

Image: You need to set lots of goals, and stick them (in the back of the net) in many different areas