Thoughts on Sharing Photos

I've been on an awesome glamping holiday. Took a silicone photographic doll (love doll) with me. Taken loads of photos (kept > 200 - any I don't like I bin straight away). Super enjoyed myself.

But then I'm struggling with the whole sharing photos thing.

Q: Should I keep the photos just for myself?

I ask because this is what I've done so far.
  1. Curated the photos into a blog (actually 2, one is SFW and the other NSFW)
  2. Started publishing my blog articles on 2 different forums (the idea is 1 day's worth of photos, every day, until I've used up my content - i.e. if the holiday spanned 8 days, that's 8 days worth of postings).
That's it so far. And it is quite time intensive. I'm not sure if we're meant to go on holiday and give ourselves loads of work to do for when we return home.

Part of me thinks I should simply upload the photos I like to say Flikr and keep it mostly for myself (other people may stumble across and like, that's fine).

When you care about your memories, it's kinda discouraging to put them on public forums where you know no one will care much about your stuff (that's forums for you, most people only care about their stuff.)

I'll keep going with (2) above until finished, but I really need to re-think how I share photos of cherished memories in the future. Next vacation, I might keep my stuff to myself.

Q: Do I get joy from sharing photos?

Honestly, I'm not sure I do. Perhaps this is as good a reason as anything to stop doing it. If there is no joy in doing it, and you're not doing it for work/financial gain reasons, then don't bother. Outside work, do things for joy!