Canopy & Stars Reviews and Upcoming Vacations into 2027

I came across https://www.canopyandstars.co.uk/ whilst looking for a Yurt to stay in for my 50th Birthday and really like a lot of the 866 locations (currently - as of 30.08.2026) that they offer.

My Stays

  • Sat-15-Aug-2026 to Wed-19-Aug-2026 (Yurt)
    • TheYurt at Leighton, Leighton Hall, Leighton SY5 6RN


    • 4 nights for £737 (£184.25 per night)
    • Rating: 10/10
    • Would I return: Yes, absolutely. A beautiful yurt in a beautiful location. Great views. Very peaceful.
  • Wed-19-Aug-2026 to Sat-22-Aug-2026 (Tipi)
    • Park Tipi, Park Farm, Bruton BA10 0LA


    • 3 nights for £453 (£151 per night)
    • Rating: 6/10
    • Would I return: No. It was a beautiful tipi and luxurious. But Tipis are quite open (this one at the back and top.) And there is no heating in the Tipi (I've seen another that has a wood burner), so when it gets cold, it could be miserable (but the duvet is very warm and the shower is hot). My 1st nights sleep was ruined by some loud buzzing thing inside the Tipi, crashing into the sides of the tipi (it found its way out eventually.)

Upcoming Stays (Booked)
  • Sat-31-Oct-2026 to Thu-5-Nov-2026 (Cabin)
    • The Bright Oak, Midelney Manor Drayton, Langport TA10 0LU


    • 5 nights for £761 (£152.2 per night)
    • The idea was to be away for halloween (I don't like people knocking on my door for trick or treat). Also, I was very keen to do something soon after my Yurt and Tipi experience, this is roughly two months later. And something a bit more comfortable. I am wondering if the days will be too short and weather too cold at this time of year, we'll see.
  • Thu-24-Dec-2026 to Mon-28-Dec-2026 (Shepherd's Hut)
    • Highclere Valley Nest, Highclere Stud, Burghclere RG20 9LT


    • 4 nights for £675 (£168.75 per night)
    • The idea was to be away for Christmas. My first Christmas without parents. Also, it is not far from home and my annual 25 day holiday allocation would be pretty much used up then. Being close to home I should be able to work on Christmas Eve but just leave a little early, so this break will cost me no annual leave.

Places I Would Like to Stay at in 2027

For 2027 I am considering - remembering I have 25 days annual leave (AL):
  • Late Jan/Early Feb - Thailand Short Break - using 7 days AL
  • Easter Break from 26th March (Good Friday) - Glamping - using 4 days AL
  • Late May/Early June (using 31st May bank holiday) - Glamping - using 4 days AL
  • Mid/Late September - Glamping - using 5 days AL
  • Leaves 5 annual leave spare - maybe I use 3 days and get Xmas week off - have options.
To be honest. Part of me really doesn't want to go to Thailand again. For what ... to see a Thai wife I no longer love ... and definitely do not find attractive (she's went from skinny to fat after marrying and worse) ... she's got a nice personality but boring and lazy as hell, just wants to watch the latest "Series" on her phone/the TV... Maybe I forget the Thailand Short Break! Honestly, Thailand by myself is a nice relaxing break ... stay in a hotel by myself, go running every day, great ... but a week with the Thai wife is depressing as hell, not a quality vacation - I need a lobotomy. Glamping is so much greater than a Thai holiday with the Thai wife. And Thailand is a whole days travel there, and a whole days travel back. And I hate flying ... get to the airport on time, queue in security, queue to board the plan, 12 hours in cattle class, queue at Bangkok passport control, and repeat all that shit on the way back!

If I effed off Thailand, could I do this instead?
  • Easter Break from 26th March (Good Friday) - Glamping - using 4 days AL (10 days)
  • Late May/Early June (using 31st May bank holiday) - Glamping - using 9 days AL (16 days)
  • From August bank holiday - Glamping - using 9 days AL (16 days)
  • Leaves 3 annual leave days spare


Anyway ... Places I Would Like to Stay (too many to list!)

Note: I am listing these in order of cheapest first (makes sense to visit value locations first, no guarantee more money = a better experience)
Note: Only UK too.

Barns


Bell Tent

None that interest me.

Boats

None that interest me.

Bothys


Bus

Little Firs from Passenger (Bus in Cumbria) from £180/n [NOT BOOKABLE!?]


Cabins (got as far as the ones from £120/n)


& more > £120

Camps


Caravans

None that interest me.

Cottages


Geodome


Gypsy Caravans


Horsebox

None that interest me.

Pods


Roulettes

None that interest me.

Roundhouses

The Roundhouse (Roundhouse in Cornwall) from £175/n [NOT BOOKABLE IN 2027!?]

Safari Tents

None that interest me.

Shepherd's Huts

Loads of lovely Shepherd's Huts but I'll be staying in one Xmas 2026, so I'll not consider these (to make deciding more simple).

Silos


Tabernacles

None that interest me.

Tipi


Treehouses (got as far as the ones under £200/n)(expensive)


& more >= £200/n

Train Carriages


Trucks

None that interest me.

Wagons

None that interest me.

Yurts

Honestly, if I do a Yurt again I'd want to go back to The Yurt at Leighton. I think I'd be disappointed anywhere else. Still, there are some nice looking other Yurts.

Thinking About 2027

I've stayed in a Yurt, and a Tipi.
In October/November 2026 I will have stayed in a Cabin.
Christmas 2026 I will have stayed in a Shepherd's Hut.
Should I use 2027 to stay in somewhere other than Yurt/Tipi/Cabin/Shepherd's Hut?

If so then these are the highlighted choices (not Yurt/Tipi/Cabin/Shepherd's Hut):
Note: I add "The Bivvy" because I strangely really want to go there.
  • Easter Break from 26th March (Good Friday) - Glamping - using 4 days AL (10 days)
  • Late May/Early June (using 31st May bank holiday) - Glamping - using 9 days AL (16 days)
  • From August bank holiday - Glamping - using 9 days AL (16 days)
And no more than 3 nights anywhere.
  • FrSaSuMo (1) MoTuWeTh (2)
  • SaSuMoTu (1) TuWeThFr (2) FrSaSuMo (3) MoTueWeTh (4)
  • SaSuMoTu (1) TuWeThFr (2) FrSaSuMo (3) MoTueWeTh (4)
So we could stay in 10 places (always like to be home on Thursday, so I have a long weekend to recover and collect my thoughts.)

And there is 10 listed above!

Thet's reorganize those for regionality. I removed Northamptonshire "Magic Mushroom Cabin" and replace with "Top of the Wold" as a better fit. And have ordered them as likely candidates for Easter Break, Late May/Early June, and from August bank holiday. Removed Devon's "Hay Barn". Removed Cumbria's "Bracken House". Removed "Moon Conker" because not bookable for 2027 sadly (maybe they update closer to 2027). Added "Bluebell Corner". Added "Shepherd's Hut at Argoed" because for August/September, would be nice to do a full 2 weeks.

Note: I notice a lot of these properties only except check-in on Friday/Monday/Wednesday, so maybe I need to do 3 nights, 4 nights, 3 nights, 3 nights?
Come back on Thursday, have FR, SA, SU before return to work. 4 days AL.
Come back on Monday 7, have TU, WE before return to work (short week). 8 days AL.
Come back on Thursday 9th September, have FR, SA, SU before return to work. 10 days AL.

3 days AL remaining (possibly 4+ if a global wellness day(s) hits these dates.)

To be continued ...