Why Do We Feel the Need to Share Our Lives in Public?

 I'm starting to come to the conclusion that there is zero benefit to sharing my life in public with strangers.

Q: Why do I bother sharing stuff on forums!?

(I do not do Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etcetera ... just forums)

It's not like the people on the forums are actually my friends, why should I care about constantly posting stuff!? I am sharing stuff with strangers!

And then I realize there is so much of my life that I don't share. Totally private stuff. And it's just as important to me as the stuff I share on forums. So again:

Q: Why do I bother sharing stuff on forums!?

A: No idea. Perhaps I simply don't need it. Would life be better without this time wasting!? Yes, I think so.

Time to say goodbye to forums?

To be continued...


  • Positives about forums:
    • A place to learn (information and social skills)
    •  A place to socialize for people who don't socialize in real life (or don't have other ways of socializing)
    • A place to share and maybe inspire others...