Stoicism: The Art of Not Reacting

Stoicism: The Art of Not Reacting and Simply Doing What Needs to be Done!

~~~~~

I doubt that is the correct definition of Stoicism, but it is one I like. I realize I react way to much to things. I react to my work. I react to people. I react to my body. I react to my desires (might even call them addictions). I react to my mood. When all I really want to do is get stuff done!

So, stop reacting, be a Stoic, and start getting stuff done!

Stop reacting to stuff in a negative way, like -

  • Work
  • People
  • Your body's desires (like sex drive, craving for unhealthy food, craving for food when you're not hungry)
  • Any addictions (like social media - this is an addiction when you're spending hours of your life just scrolling through other peoples' posts with zero productivity)
- and cultive positive reactions instead.