2023

2023 is rapidly approaching, today is the eve of New Years Eve. And I like to reflect on the year gone by.

  • What worked?
  • What didn't work?
  • What did we learn?
I realize my productivity for the last couple of years has been pretty poor, and many of my posts were an attempt to address this.

1) Self-fine Yourself!
  • Self-fine yourself if you do stuff you know you shouldn't be doing (i.e. stuff that is time-banned)
Deciding what needs to be time-banned will take a little fine tuning, but so far the results have been positive! You still need discipline, but it is easier to maintain your discipline if you know there is a financial penalty if you do not.

2) Enjoy what you do!

It is very easy to go through life, and - like a child - rage that you cannot do what you enjoy, but that is an unrealistic expectation of life. To survive in this world you need money, and you may not be one of the lucky ones who does what they enjoy to make money, the massive majority of people are not doing what they enjoy, they are doing what they need to do.

Life is short, and time is precious, so enjoy what you do. The more you enjoy what you do, the better you are at it, and the more fun you have.

3) The Harder I Work The Luckier I Get!

I know for a fact this is true. When I was super into my work, and doing self-study/labs/blogs in my own personal time, my career took of. Arguably it has plateaued since (I got far too comfortable - I really need a rocket up my ass.) In other words, work hard (but work intelligently) and you'll get lucky!

3 Main Things for 2023

1) Self-Fine Yourself!
2) Enjoy What You Do!
3) Work Hard!