New Year's Resolutions for 2022

Today is the 31st January 2021, and again I am back to thinking about New Year's Resolutions for 2022.

I believe you can come up with New Resolutions at any time, it doesn't have to be the 1st of a New Year, but it is a useful reset date.

2021 Review

2021 was a bit of a fail. I spent the whole year doing a fairly boring IT project. My attitude sucked. I really didn't apply myself anything like as much as I should have done, maybe only 30%. I was very distracted by a new hobby, which consumed a lot of my time (more than it should have done, including time when I should have been working, and they were not always happy moments.)

It was a good year looking at it from a personal indulgence viewpoint, but a very bad year from a work and productivity viewpoint. Also, a bit of a fail with my seeking financial independence (I blew a lot of money.)

Work/Productivity score: 3/10

2022 Resolutions

1) Cannot buy any more synthetics (except for uniting head with a body, but max 1 order at a time.)

2) Only allowed on weekends/non-work days:

  • Personal (non-Work) Blogs
  • Films/TV
  • Forums (Txx is okay but do not even grace Uxxxx with your page views!)

3) Work days (dopamine detox):

0415: Lights-on
....: Insanity Workout
....: [BREAKFAST]
....: 55 bicep curls -> Shower

0700: Ready to start work/leave for work
....: ** [WORK & WATER] - no food! **
....: ~0700-1200: FOCUS time
....: ~1200-1300: Admin time (emails etc.) & snack
....: ~1300-1800: FOCUS time
....: ~1800-1900: Admin time (emails etc.)

1900: [SUPPER] (can prep from 1800)
....: Reading/getting ready for tomorrow!
....: 55 bicep curls
2145: Lights-off

Note: Where possible, try to stick to the above for non-work days too!

4) Plan what you are going to do!

Image: He who fails to plan is planning to fail

Planning your life gives you control. If you create a plan then you get to make choices and decisions, rather than leaving things up to chance, or worse yet, letting others make decisions for you. A plan will make it easier to say “no” to things that are not as important to you.”