Block The Websites That Kill Your Productivity (Web Addicts Anonymous)

I've done it, I've blocked a number of websites that I am addicted to, and that are zaping my productivity. I logged into my account with my Internet Service Provider and blocked these 5 websites:

  • Autotrader
  • BBC
  • Facebook
  • Pistonheads
  • YouTube
Now I don't have the ability to visit these websites, I guess I'll just have to do something productive instead ;-)

Tales of internet woe:

  • Addicted to looking for my next car on Autotrader/Pistonheads. Sometimes only keeping a car for a couple of months before trading it in at a massive loss. £1000's wasted over the last 5 years. And now I am in heaps of debt.
  • Hours a day wasted looking at videos on YouTube. Everything from car videos (some quite good), irrelevant political stuff, womens athletics (yes, I do admire an athletic female body), and endless stupid stuff. Time that could have been better spent acquiring useful skills.
  • Hours a day wasted looking at posts on Facebook (though not as much time as wasted on YouTube.) I struggle to think if I've benefitted at all for this time spent.
  • Constantly checking BBC News for updates on nothing I really care about. What will happen will happen - most of us are passengers in this world to the major events. Much time wasted.

The rulers of the internet want your addiction. They don't care about your health/happiness/future, they want you chained to the constant drug of internetdom. Time to break free. Ban the wasteful sh!t.