Stoicism is the Way!

 7 rules goes down to 3!

  1. Discipline
  2. Dopamine Detox 
  3. Stoicism is the Way!
    • Endure the pain and hardship (of life)...
    • ...without the display of feelings
    • ...and without complaint!

See: Top 10 Marcus Aurelius Quotes on Life

 I’ve come to think that pain and hardship includes doing my work. Yes, I must endure it, without displaying any feelings and without complaining. As Marcus Aurelius says:

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”

Work does distress me, but the pain is not due to the work, the pain is due to my estimate of it, and I have the power to revoke that estimation at any time!

“...look things in the face and know them for what they are”!

Yes, I struggle with my work, but my true estimation is that it’s not difficult (it is not rocket science - something I would have liked to do), and it is what pays my bills, so I need to endure the pain and just get on with it without complaint.

Image: “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way”