The Beginner's Mind (How You Felt About Starting Your Current Job!)

Trying to re-kindle love for my current job, I came across the farewell email I sent to colleagues upon leaving my last employment. It's a great reminder of the excitement I felt back then. This is what I need to re-kindle, that same joy.

Subject: Ladies and gentlemen, I bid thee farewell!

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Well, it’s been a really fun 7 months, and can’t believe that today is my last day already. Seem to have done just about a bit of everything in that time, and feel very lucky and massively grateful for all the opportunities – thank you very much!

Alas, a bit like a Ferrari Tifosi being offered a drive for the Ferrari F1 Team, a role with my favourite storage vendor unexpectedly popped up when I wasn’t looking, which led – even more unexpectedly – to an offer which I couldn’t refuse. Feel a tinge of sadness to be leaving, but excited by the new opportunity, and – who knows – there’s always a chance “I’ll be back!”

All that’s left for me to do here is bid farewell, and wish you all best of fortunes for the future.

Yours faithfully,

...

Image: The Beginner's Joy and Elation