Can’t Be Happier

I was listening to the ‘Summer Chill House’ channel on DI.FM when this song came on -
‘Can’t Be Happier’ - by SJ + Sugar Jesus & Featuring Goldford
- and I absolutely loved it.

The chorus:
I can't be happier
Than I am right now
Than I am right now
I can't be happier
Than I am right now
Than I am right now

After listening to it many times, it made me think about how we always think we can be happier. Human beings always want more because they think it will make them happier.

For example:
You have a nice car, which makes you happy. But there’s a nicer car (say faster or more luxurious) and you start becoming unhappy because you want that ‘better’ thing. And when you get it, it doesn't make you as happy as you thought, and the cycle repeats. There’s always something better. You will never be happy chasing material possessions.

What if instead of always wanting more, always thinking there is something better to be had, you have the mindset:

I can’t be happier than I am right now with what I have right now.
I don’t need and I don’t want any more. Any more is just a bonus.
It won’t make me happier than I am right now.

Image: ‘Can’t Be Happier’ - by SJ + Sugar Jesus & Featuring Goldford - Cover