Bored With Your Career? Here's What To Do!

For a while, I've been feeling a little bored with my career, and I can't quite put my finger on what the problem is.

Of course, life rarely does turn out the way you dream it so, when you're young. I made mistakes when I was young, so instead of getting a career in Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering as a design engineer, designing cars/race cars, or even working for NASA; I ended up falling into the IT Profession.

Now, there's nothing wrong with a career in IT. And I have been incredibly lucky in my career - now over 15 years. Just it's not rocket science.

Still, I accept my lot. "You make your bed and you lie in it" is a very apt phrase. With mortgage and being early 40s, changing career is not an option. Being self-employed with my own business is a future option. For now IT is it.

And my enthusiasm for IT has been sometimes very high. Just now it is low. Probably because I'm not busy and I've not got a really interesting and challenging project to dig my teeth into. My role is as an IT delivery consultant, and if you're not actively delivering stimulating projects, it can be a bit of drag.

Anyway, after all that, I just wanted to share some interesting articles:

Bored With Your Career? Here's What To Do

Bash Boredom Tip 1: Take on a challenge or learn something new.
Bash Boredom Tip 2: Find meaning and purpose outside of the work environment.
Bash Boredom Tip 3: You have outgrown your job: Get promoted or move to another department.
Bash Boredom Tip 4: Time to move on to something new.

What to Do When Bored at Work (And Why You Feel Bored Actually)

Table of Contents:
1. The Real Reason Why You're Bored at Work.
2. The Little-Known Consequences of Ignoring Your Boredom.
3. 6 Things to Do When You're Bored at Work.

Image: Bored at Work

The lifehack.org website has a few related articles you might like to read: