Financial Rules Part 1 of X - April 2019

“Everybody needs rules” and I am no exception. Even though one of my mottos is “the duty of an individual is to accept no rule” - that doesn’t prevent me from writing rules that will benefit my life in the long-term.


Rule) Live free from debt!

Don't borrow money!
Don’t take out loans unless it’s an emergency.
If you have loans, aim to pay off all your loans ASAP.
Don’t rack up balances on credit cards (these are just like loans - you'll have to pay them back!)
Be free from credit card debt.
Simply don’t buy things that you can’t afford to pay for outright (mortgage accepting).


And that’s it! A simple rule!

I must pay off all my loans, clear all my credit cards, and have sufficient savings before I make any large purchase (like/usually a car.) Pay for everything with cash you actually have!

Image: Becoming debt free gives you the option to live your life your way, and not have to deal with paying off any nonsense