2018 Success Plan/Life Plan

I did start the year with a New Year’s Resolutions post, and of course this has all fallen by the wayside. So, here’s my Success Plan/Life Plan. The idea is to review certain aspects of my life, once a year, or when major life-changing events happen.

Image: Mostly it’s a case of “Keep Calm and Carry On”

What do I want/what are my goals/what can I do/what do I want to do?

Afterlife

Keep calm and carry on!
The only permanent thing in life is death. If I live a good life and do good karmic actions, maybe I will have the good fortune to have an even better life after this one (I am very grateful for the incredible luck I have had with this life.) I am not religious, but I do find Buddhist philosophies agreeable.

Career

Keep calm and carry on!
I’m very happy and proud to work for ******. Admittedly, the role is - currently - not as challenging as I’d like. The compensation and opportunities are good though, and I’ve been at ****** for more than 5 years now, so - unless something changes drastically - I’m inclined to wait to be pushed rather than jump, and I’d review my options when the push comes. I do not believe the grass is greener elsewhere. So, I do my job, work hard, go the extra mile, and enjoy my work.

Educational

Must do more!
Linuxacademy.com / Udemy courses
******: Technical Reports / TOIs / Lab on Demand / University
At this stage in my life and career I need to concentrate on my IT Technical education.
You need to constantly develop yourself - a life of constant learning. Always say ‘yes’ to new things. Relish jumping in at the deep-end.

Financial

Keep calm and carry on!
Every month I overpay my mortgage and any loans I have. One day I hope to be mortgage and loan free and have a good pension. My salary is comfortable. There is little I can think of to do that would improve my situation.
As always, be prudent and live within your means, whilst at the same time enjoying your life (you are a long time dead and cannot take anything with you to the grave) and being generous when it is right to do so.

Health

Keep calm and carry on!
I want to keep fit and healthy. Keep doing the early morning exercises, Insanity workouts, and the occasional run. Also, drink plenty of water, and eat plenty of fruit and veg.

Hobbies/Pastimes

Keep calm and carry on!
Living within your means, indulge in your passion for cars and driving: track-days, car events/meetings, driving adventures and holidays...
Also, keep up your blogging and creating content for YouTube.
I should also read more.

Material Items

Keep calm and carry on!
I have a perfect house, it is perfect for me at this time in my life. One day I would like to move to a house with a driveway and garage(s) but no sooner than 2020!
I am incredibly fortunate to have two great cars, a great fun car, and a great comfort car, I don’t want anything else.
I really want for nothing.

Personal Relationships

Keep calm and carry on!
I’m happy with ***. She's all I want. We need to take the relationship to the next level though. So:
- October 2018, visit and investigate getting VISA for April 2019 visit?
- If the April 2019 visit goes well, I will re-add her to my will.

Positive Things

There are positive things which I want to do/do more of:
Do productive things.

Toxic Things

These are negative things in my life which I want to cut back on/eliminate:
Reduce your watching of YouTube videos.
Only expend as much thought on some problem as it needs, don’t over think things (it’s a waste of time) - or - stop procrastinating!
Don’t be blind to how incredibly fortunate you are.
Snack/tea/coffee at a maximum every 2 hours (not every hour!)