I think BA really is the shittiest airline in the world.
I was booked on the 21:30 BA391 flight from Brussels to London Heathrow on Friday 28th August. I really wanted to get home. It was cancelled around 1900. Fair enough, flights get cancelled.
When I went on their website, because I booked via an agency, it says contact your agency. Fair enough, I did. Since I'm travelling for work, I was able to get them to book me on the Eurostar for Saturday 29th August at 07:56. The agency said the earliest flight available was Brussels Airline on Saturday night. I didn't want to wait for that.
BA had meanwhile sent me a text message: "We're sorry the BA391 on 28 Aug 2026 BRU-LHR is cancelled. You are rebooked on BA391 30 Aug 2026 BRU 2040 LHR 2045. Please accept flight on ba.com/mmb Ref: XXXXXX or call +3227173217 or +443444930787."
Eff that, I wasn't going to spend 48 hours in Brussels, I wanted to get home.
My agency said I had to call BA to cancel my flight, and this is where BA's utter shittyness showed. 55 minutes later, I am still on the effing phone to them. No one has answered. What dreadful service they offer. I feel sorry for people who aren't travelling for business. Just imagine being a depressed person, stuck at the airport, not knowing what to do, and no one picks up the damn phone. I gave up around 60 minutes in.
Seriously guys, don't use BA unless you're desperate. Seems like every experience I have with BA is depressing beyond belief. "The world's favourite airline" my ass! The world's shittiest airline more like!
PS There was a follow up text:
"BA391 - We're really sorry that your flight has been cancelled. We'll do everything we can to get you where you need to be. To help you get your travel plans back on track, we'll be rebooking you onto the next available flight which you can view at ba.com/managemybooking. Please look out for an email from us with more information"
I didn't see these emails, but it turned out they had all ended up in my junk items.
"Dear
Customer,
We’re sorry that your flight BA391 to London Heathrow has been cancelled due to
airfield restrictions at London Heathrow. We’ll do everything we can to get you
where you need to be.
To help get your travel plans back on track, we’ve rebooked you onto the next
available flight which you can view at Manage My Booking.
Please let us know whether you’d like to travel on this flight by selecting
‘accept’, you can also review other available flights here too. Your flight
details are saved under the same booking reference.
If you're travelling
as part of a connecting journey
If you have a connecting flight as part of the same ticket, we will
automatically rebook your onward journey. This will appear on Manage My Booking
please speak to a member of our airport team if you require further assistance.
Overnight
accommodation
We will look to arrange a hotel room, meals and transportation for you. Please
speak to one of our representatives at the airport who will be able to arrange
this.
Need to contact us?
If you’d like to talk to someone, please contact us on 0800 727 800 from within
the UK or +44 203 250 0145 from abroad where we’d be happy to talk you through
your options.
Your rights
You can find useful information including details on your rights when a flight
is disrupted at ba.com/helpme.
We’re sorry again for the change to your travel plans, please rest assured that
we’ll do everything we can to help and get your travel plans back on track.
British Airways"
Reading the above, if you aren't on a business trip and want support, trying to talk to the airline staff in the airport is the best option (but everyone will be wanting to talk to them and will be angry.)
It's not BA's fault the flight got cancelled, but the follow up service I think sucks.
I did join their chat service (link was in another email that had ended up in my junk items). The wait there was still nearly 60 minutes, but at least I didn't have to listen to that damn annoying hold music. And just to tell BA (the company, not the understaffed staff) to eff off! (I feel sorry for the staff, not their fault their company is so shit).
BA eff off!
![]() |
| BLOODY AWFUL! |
