What We Do Consistently ... Shapes Our Lives

I came across this quote recently in an email from a protein drink brand I use (Icon Nutrition - https://www.iconnutrition.com/):

"It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently." - Tony Robbins

It occurred to me that this is a very good quote, and it works both ways, for good things in your life and bad things. For instance:
  • [Bad] If you eat an unhealthy diet every day, then you will be unhealthy and likely fat too!
  • [Bad] If you're always wasting time looking at YouTube and other social media offerings, all those productive things you could have done in that wasted time will be lost to you.
  • [Good] If you work hard and study hard every day, at your profession (or education), you will become a great professional (or scholar.) At least you will become the best you can be, rather than being a bum, who may well be the first to be given the heave-ho when redundancies come up.
  • [Good] If you exercise regularly, you will be fit!

I can see how this applies to me greatly. I always start off with great ideas, great routines - like here: The Age of Distraction is Over! - to try at make me be the best I can be, but I'm not consistent!

I need a code & routine that I can stick to consistently and do stick to consistently!

I realise an even more common quote is very apt:

"Consistency is the key to success!"

The question has to be though: "How can I be consistent?"

There is this article - How to Be Consistent: 13 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow. It looks like a good article but I'm thinking consistency is simpler than this.

If you think of things that you have been consistent at in your life, there's some fun factor to them, or - perhaps better put - you enjoy doing them.

Recently, I have started running more, running every other day. And I've kept it up for many weeks now, because I'm enjoying it.

Any grown-up knows you cannot spend your life doing what you enjoy, you must instead learn to enjoy what you do. So if we are going to get consistent with a routine, we must enjoy it. There are certain things I do addictively, and I need to learn to enjoy holding them off, I need to learn to enjoy delayed gratification.