Live a Life of Freedom

I want to live a life of freedom. But not freedom as in financial/time/social/location/physical freedom, freedom to do the right thing at the right time, or perhaps freedom from distraction.

I'm not in the fortunate position of not needing to work to live. I do not have financial freedom. I do not have my own business that works for me (and accept full responsibility for not having the entrepreneurial acumen to build such a thing). I have a full-time job and work for an employer. I have the freedom to leave at any time (but then I'd have to find something else ... and I like the work enough, and it pays well enough, that I really don't have thoughts of leaving any time soon.)

Accepting I have to work to survive. And working intelligently is something I should strive for (not necessarily working hard, work clever!) Then my life of freedom involves doing the right thing at the right time and being free from unproductive distraction and doubt.

How you do the right thing at the right time and free yourself from distraction and doubt is a very personal thing. This is my take on it.

Living a Life of Freedom: How to Approach the Working Day!

Note: I set no freedoms for personal days. Personal days are very much free to do what you like (which includes being free to practice your work day freedoms.)

We live in a time where social media, mobile and internet is the biggest distraction. Our biggest slaver!

*Except educational.
** Except educational and music.

Freedom to acknowledge the meaningless of life (life has no intention)!
Freedom to take it easy (in the sense that nothing really matters ... why so serious!?)!
Freedom to compare myself to no one but myself (am I a better person today that I was yesterday?)!

Freedom from possessions!

Freedom to love running!
Freedom to love dolls!
Freedom to love cars!

Freedom to love life!
Freedom to be depressed (and not feel bad about it)!
Freedom to love death - the ultimate freedom!

Freedom to believe I can be the best at my job!

Freedom to strive to be the best at my job!
Freedom from doubt!
  • ~ 0600: Freedom to wake up, breakfast, minor exercise and ablutions!
  • Freedom from food & drink (for ~ 2 hour intervals)
  • ~ 0800: Freedom to concentrate on work!
  • 0800>T<2000 Freedom from Discord*
  • 0800>T<2000 Freedom from personal email (Gmail & Hotmail)
  • 0800>T<2000 Freedom from forums
  • ~ Midday: Freedom to go for a lunch time walk
  • ~ Anytime: Freedom to run (before work, midday, or after work - whenever there is a good time)
  • <2000 Freedom from Instagram
  • <2000 Freedom from YouTube **
  • ~ 2200: Freedom to do minor exercise, ablutions and then sleep!
Note 1: We only have breakfast and 1 main meal a day (usually supper - I find lunch tends to make me sleepy in the afternoon.)
Note 2: Running is freedom!
Note 3: Minor exercise currently is:
  • 30 seconds each, front, back, front calf stretches
  • 20 push ups, 40 weights
  • Back stretches
  • 15 push ups, 30 weights
  • 30 seconds each, front, back, front calf stretches