What I'm Missing In Life Without You

Nothing.

Q: So what am I missing in life without my wife?

Really, it's pretty much nothing.

We were apart for 2.5 years because of COVID, and except from the occasional phone call (usually one per day, sometimes a bigger gap) that was the only interaction we had. It was a short call too, we never really had much to say to each other. And it costed me over £500 per month for the privilege.

I don't lose anything without her. I was bored in her company. I didn't find her sexy. I didn't want to sleep with her. I didn't want to kiss her. All I wanted when I was with her, was to be away from her. I was so bored with her, and - honestly, she was bored of me, but she liked the free money every month too much to say so.

And communication was difficult. Her English is definitely better than my Thai, but still far away from talking to a native English speaker. We never had good meaningful conversations.

There were times in the past where we were happy and relaxed together. But that is definitely the past. 1 fairly unhappy week in 3.5 years, is a very sad state of affairs. I don't hate her.

I got nothing out of the relationship. If she was just a friend who I sometimes see, she'd be fine.

Q: Have you ever raved about your holidays with?

No. I rarely come back like "wow, that was an amazing holiday." At best an "it was okay." At worst "it was boring." Many times I've spoken of my finding it boring.