It is not Selfish to Not Want Something!

I feel like I've gone through life feeling like I'm being selfish, but as I get older, I realize that was not true. If anything, bad people wanted to make me feel like I was being selfish, to further their own selfish wants and needs.

It is not selfish to not want something!

An example of when this is true:

I do not want to visit my fat lazy wife in Thailand. No benefit will come out of this. I will not be happy. I will be stressed and miserable and probably the same for her. I have very few vacations, and it's a total waste to have a vacation and it not be a happy one. I would be perfectly happy taking a vacation alone in Thailand, but her presence has no benefit for me. Yes, I don't want her in my life anymore. She's ballooned by 50% in weight since we married (after being slim for like 12 years) and isn't happy in herself. She just wants to stay in the hotel all the time. I care about her (and her daughters) to an extent, but don't want her!

An example of when it is selfish to not want something:

Say you don't want to work. But you want the money. It would be selfish not to work because you are getting what you want out of the deal but your employer is not (they are paying you because they want you to do a job.)