What Will You Wish/Not Wish For On Your Deathbed?

The titular question is something I have been thinking about a lot recently.

I realize I have been wasting my time with a lot of stuff I definitely would not say "I wish I'd done more of that..." on my deathbed.

  • No one ever wished they'd done more social media on their deathbed.
  • No one ever wished they'd spent more time watching YouTube/TV on their deathbed.
  • No one ever wished they'd saved more money on their deathbed (you can't take it with you.)
Here are 5 common regrets:
  • “I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.”
  • “I wish I didn’t work so hard.”
  • “I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.”
  • “I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.”
  • “I wish that I had let myself be happier.”
Honestly, I don't want to be in a situation where I need people to look after me when I'm old. I want to be dead before that happens. I would never expect people to look after me like so many old and - sorry to say but it is true - useless waste of space and burdensome people do. 

Q: Let's say I'm 50 now and I can realistically expect to live to 75 in good health. So I'll euthanise at 75 so I'm not a burden to others. What do I do with those 25 years so as not to have any regrets before I'm euthanised (or top myself)?

A1: Do less:
  • Social media (say one visit a day after 1800 to forums, Instagram, Discord etcetera...)
  • YouTube (say one visit a day for no more than 30 minutes after 1800)
  • Wasting money on stuff you don't need!
A2: Do more:
  • IT Blogging (be passionate about IT blogging)
  • Getting stuff done (don't procastinate - do it!)
  • Making the best of and appreciating what you have!
To be continued...