The "Fine Yourself!" Routine

In my ongoing struggle to find motivation, I've now turned to fining myself. Will it work!? Will my love of money be enough to stop me breaking all my rules!?

Okay, so this is how it works. I'll list a few things down below that I cannot do until after 1800 (this is mainly for workdays, but I might apply it to holidays at home too.)

If I do anything in that list, an instant £100 fine that I must add to a special fund.

Starting 19th December 2022:

Work comes first!

Must be ready to start work before 0800 (fair enough to make exceptions for personal appointments.)

I bet £100 I can go until 1800 without doing any of the below:

  • Auto Trader, Pistonheads
  • Breaking the 90-minute rule (that is 90 minutes between drinks)
  • Discord, Twitter
  • Drinking drinks other than coffee, tea, and water
  • Eating food except nuts (after breakfast)
  • Internet shopping*
  • Personal Banking
  • Personal (non-work related) blogs*
  • Music
  • Visiting anything BBC (no news, no sport, no weather)
  • Visiting TDF, MLDC, or anything s. doll (i.e., vendor & manufacturer websites)
  • YouTube (unless it's highly relevant to work and educational)
*You can of course jot down notes or ideas, but any actions must be done after 1800!

Good Things to do Whilst You Can't Do Any of the Above (in red)
  • Working
  • Exercise - Walking, Running, Workouts
  • Reading
Note: Photos are okay, because daylight can make a big difference.