Why I Will Never Set Foot in Another Agogo Bar

I have been travelling to Thailand for nearly 20 years now. Numerous vacations. And pretty much every trip has featured at least one visit to an Agogo bar. The events of 13th November 2022 have made me realize Agogo Bars are not a place I ever want to set foot in again.

What happened?

I am now married to a Thai lady, and I had a rare opportunity for a night of freedom. I went to ‘Soi Cowboy’ and visited 3 famous Agogo bars and didn’t enjoy one of them. They were all incredibly boring. All the girls seemed old, ugly, or fat (or combinations of these.) And the blatant worshipping of money above all else was quite distasteful.

The ugliness isn’t just about the face. Beautiful women can still be ugly if they have the wrong personality, or wrong mood. The ugliness was the animal lust for dollars. Anything for dollars! You can be the ugliest, fattest, smelliest man in the world, but you look rich, and the girls will swoon over you (hopefully you’re not the stupidest man in the world as well, so can see the girls for what they are.)

I'll also add that fear and unhappiness does make people ugly too, and whilst there are some ladies who genuinely seem to enjoy that kind of work, they are very much the exception. For most girls, working in an Agogo bar is kind of rock bottom, a sense of failure.

I may have intentionally looked a bit of a bum so I wouldn’t be bothered by the ladies, but the lack of attention was eye-opening. The girls are only looking for dollars. Funny thing was that I had 1000’s of baht in my wallet that night, and I walked away having spent less than 1000 (one of my cheapest nights out in Thailand ever.) I’d spent so little that I gave 500 baht to an old lady begging in the street.

And I’ve also got to mention the men who frequent these bars. Looking for their next prostitute to f^ck. Seriously, sitting on your ass, gormlessly watching girls dancing around poles, is not a good look. I’ve been one of them, and feel like my eyes has finally been opened to how tragic it all is. Paying ladies for sex is pretty gross. Which brings my ventures into Thailand full circle. Initially I was disgusted by it all, but then let myself go, enjoyed sins of the flesh, and now, I'm back to my natural assessment of it all.

No more Agogos for me!

No more f^cking lady drinks! (Lady!? Seriously, more like whore drinks!)

No more gormlessly sitting on my ass watching girls giggle for money!

Image: Sluts working in an Agogo Bar. Doing it for family, nah, doing it because they're sluts (maybe 1% have a noble reason for being there, the other 99% are lazy sluts after easy money.)