Banned for Your Own Good & Why Being An Addict Can Be Good!

There are times when being banned from something is a good thing. For instance, if that thing is unproductively addictive (i.e. it really is a bit of a waste of time and you get little benefit from it) then absolutely being banned is a good thing.

An example is a toxic internet forum. You're sort of addicted to it. Keep checking to see if anyone has reacted to your post, feel frustrated if no one has, feel like there is clique-ish behaviour (which there might well be), feel victimized, but are suffering the drug of so desperately wanting people to react to you and like your posts. Well, being banned from that is a very good thing.

Of course, you don't have to wait to be banned, you can go ahead and ban yourself!

~~~~~

Q: When can being an addict be good for you?

A: If you are addicted to doing productive stuff.

Some people are addicted to their work, and that can lead to awesome success.

I might say that part of my historical success is down to that addictive nature working for me in that positive way. I was very addicted to work, super productive, super hungry to learn, and it massively benefited my career. I need to get this addiction to work back as my motivation has been sorely lacking recently (I have been suffering other addictions.)

If you have an addictive personality, and you can manage to harness your addiction for good (rather than self-destruction) then the world is your oyster!