Know what the first rule of ... is?

 A quote from one of my favourite sci-fi movies - 2005's Serenity - which in essence could be applied to many things.

  • Q: "Know what the first rule of ... is?"
  • A: "Love"
This is the full quote:

Capt. Reynolds - "Ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. Know what the first rule of flying is? Well I s'pose you do, since you already know what I'm 'bout to say."

River Tam - "I do. But I like to hear you say it."

Capt. Reynolds - "Love. Can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat in the air that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down ... tell you she's hurtin 'fore she keens ... makes her a home."

In essence this could be applied to many things. A couple of examples/ideas:
  • The first rule of driving is love (i.e. love your car.)
  • The first rule of working is love (i.e. love your work/job/career.)