Life is About Building Empires

After years of playing Sid Meier’s Civilization (all versions up to V, but mostly III) and enjoying myself immensely - there was something in it that felt very right. Every game usually followed by gamer’s remorse of having wasted so much time unproductively. It stuck me that life is about building empires, and you must work out what kind of empire(s) you want to build.

For some people that empire is family, others it is fame, fortune, freedom... The empire you want to build is personal to you, it could be anything. And the empire doesn’t have to be a big empire, it could be a tiny empire, just whatever you’re comfortable with. If you strive for bigger and bigger empire, excellent. If you find your empire, and it is perfectly sized for you, excellent too.

[Example] So, what kind of empire do I want to build?

An empire of professional success - from caring about my customers and company and working hard for them to be successful.
An empire of professional qualifications - so I can hold my head high in the jobs market, and to protect my value.
An empire of love and dedication to my betrothed, and other’s I care for.
An empire of blog and vlog posts.
An empire of experiences (work experiences and personal experiences.)
An empire of my body - fitness.
An empire of assets without debt.

“Try not to waste your entire life working just to earn a paycheck. Seek to discover what your true passion in life is, and start working on turning it into an empire of your own.” - Edmond Mbiaka

“Stop talking about how you will build an empire, and start building it right at this very moment. Time never waits for anyone to feel perfectly ready.” - Edmond Mbiaka

“To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.” - Thomas Watson Sr.

“I’m not ignoring you. I’m busy building my empire.” - Moosa Rahat

“Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” - Wayne Huizenga

“Collective thinking builds empires.” - Mac Duke The Strategist

“Empires were not built in a day, nor homes in an hour.” - E.A Bucchianeri

“At some point you have to toss aside the things and people that don’t work and just build your empire.” - Travis Simmons

“Build an empire with same bricks that were thrown at you.”

Image: Build an empire with same bricks that were thrown at you