Goals Update: 3 Primary Goals & 3 Secondary Goals

Time to update my goals. I decided I had too many - having 3 primary goals and keeping the rest as secondary goals, seems optimal (I happened to have just 3 secondary goals).

My 3 Primary Goals

1) Do Your Job (and do it extremely well)

I’m fortunate that I have a great job and I work for a great company. If things were different then this goal might be to change job - it isn’t. And the reality is that work provides me with the funds for the things I want/want to do in life.

Target = Now

2) Move Home in 2018

I now have a Lotus Elise (my previous only ‘Material Items Goal’). Now to focus on moving to a house that’s perfect for me and my family. I have no garage and no driveway - these are somethings I want in a future home - and potentially able to accommodate more than just me (girlfriend, parents, even brother).

Target = March 2018 put house on market (and take it from there)

3) Girlfriend Visa in 2018

I quite like my simple life, but there are moments of loneliness or wishing I had someone to come places with me. I’m very attached to the girlfriend and have no desire to change to a girlfriend who’s got a better situation (i.e. not 5000 miles away). So, I/we need to get Visa so my girlfriend can come to England for a visit.

Target = July to September 2018 (I visit Thailand in January)

My 3 Secondary Goals

1) My Certification Goals

Get ‘AWS Certified Solutions Architect’.

Target = November 2017

Note: Goals for after are: ‘NCSA-Hybrid Cloud [NSO-146]’ and ‘NCSIE [NSO-180]’ (November). After those, more AWS certs, Azure certs, Docker certs...

2) My Health and Fitness Goal

To run 5km in sub 20 minutes.

Target = Mid-2018

Note: Aim to do Insanity 4 times a week, 2 x ~10km runs a week (gliding on the balls of your feet), and avoid injury!

3) My Lifestyle Goals

A simple life (this doesn't mean an easy life though; a hard life isn't a bad thing at all, as this quote illustrates "A Smooth Sea Never Made a Skilled Sailor").
Predominantly, I want to have an abundance of enthusiasm and curiosity for my work, love being productive, have a strong want to work hard (but not stress), and be a great employee.
I also want to enjoy:
- blogging/vlogging (IT, cars, ...)
- cars (driving adventures/events/experiences/meetings/track days)
- holidays (Thailand and trekking) & weekend cultural trips
- music, movies, reading
- food and drink (cider)
And be prudent without over-the-top abstention. Overall though, keep it simple!

Target = Now