Transcript (Partial) from Damon Fryer’s ‘Success Series’

Wisdom can come from unexpected places.

Image: Daily Driven Exotics Lamborghini Huracan

I enjoy watching YouTube videos - mostly car related content; and I’ve recently been watching some videos from the YouTube Channel: Daily Driven Exotics. The main protagonist of the channel - Damon Fryer - has created a playlist entitled 'Success Series'. The ‘Success Series’ is a great series of videos where Damon talks about what’s made him successful.

I was looking for a transcript of the content, but only seemed to have Portuguese subtitles, so I’ve typed out a partial transcript of some of the highlights (for me).

1) Watch the videos:


2) Come back here for the (partial) transcript (if you need it)!

Episode 1: 3 Things That Lead Me To Success!

It actually doesn’t matter what I do, you can make a lot of money doing just about anything.

It’s not what other people have done to make money, more importantly, it’s what can you do to make money.

1) Define what success means to you!

Success is different for everybody. You need to identify what lifestyle you want to have. What does that look like? What material things are within that lifestyle? What are the relationships like within that lifestyle?

You need to get really clear about all the things that you want to have in your life. That’s called goals. And they’re very real, and a lot of people just don’t have them. You have to be really specific.

You can make like a little collage, or a little vision board of your goals.

2) Make a plan!

You don’t need to know everything about the plan before you start.

3) Start putting things into action.

I would highly advise that you just take action right away. You don’t even need a perfect plan. You will actually get to your goal - if you know what it is - if you just start doing. You’ve just got to start trying different things.

(On failing) I came to the understanding that certain things just weren’t my forte. I didn’t enjoy doing them. Or I wasn’t good at doing them. (I came to) being self-aware what wasn’t working for me. Until I finally got to a place where I was doing what I found was getting me the lifestyle I wanted, and achieving that level of success, or getting closer and closer to it.

You know what makes people successful? Their mindset. It’s the determination. It’s the consistent motivation that no matter what happens, even if you fail over and over again, you don’t give up and you just keep trying new things. And you’re persistent. And employ some patience because things take time.

Employ some patience. Get a goal. Make a plan. But most importantly - just start doing!

Episode 2: 3 Emotions Successful People Master:
How I Overcame Fear (The Success Killer)

1) Fear

Fear affects everybody. And, for the most part, someone who is very successful has found a way to overcome that fear. It is not that they’re not fearful, it’s that they’ve gone to a place where they know how to overcome it very quickly.

And why did I have that fear? Well, I cared what other people were thinking of me. That is something - I think - that affects so many of us. I didn’t know how to overcome it at first, until I came to the realization that all those strangers were not going to pay my bills; were not going to help me make my videos; had no interest and really didn’t give a crap about what happened to me, or how my family lived, or how well our lifestyle was going to be. So, I just stopped caring about what other people thought.

We all have fear, but you need to find a way to get over it as quickly as possible.

2) Motivation

You need to identify what motivates you.

If you know how to stay motivated, or if you’re not motivated, you know how to get re-motivated, that will help you achieve your success so much quicker.

3) Attitude

You’ve got to have a positive attitude!

Being motivated and being positive are two completely different things.
- Motivation is something that drives you.
- Being positive is something that’s going to keep you in a place where you have a better outlook on a situation.

And we have this little voice in our head that talks to us all day long, and you’ve got to start getting very consciously aware to what your voice in your head is telling you. For so many of us the majority of that chatter is negative, and it is sucking the life out of all of us and our hopes and our dreams. If you learn how to control that, and turn that around so you can have more positive chatter, it is going to completely transform your life. And it is going transform the way you act on the outside, and the way your facial expressions are, and people will be drawn to that. And through that you’re going to have some amazing things happen, you’ll have new amazing people show up in your life...

One of the things I do to practice the positive attitude - by the way - is be happy for other people and their success. It is impossible to get what you want in your life if you’re not happy for someone else who’s getting what they want in their life.

You need to be grateful for not only what you have in your life, but you need to be grateful for what you see other people achieving.

Again, success really comes from your mindset, and how you look on life and look at the world, and whether you see opportunity or not, and how positive you think you can create an outcome.

Episode 3: 3 Principles I Use To Make Millions!

I want to talk about 3 more principles you can apply to your life, to hopefully achieve whatever it is your level of success is.

Defining what success means to you - because it’s different for everybody.

I have a success plan based on my lifestyle wants and needs and my goals, both from a health perspective, my relationship perspective, and then material items perspective - things that I find happiness from. And that’s ultimately what we all want in life is to be happy.

So, I’ve been able to identify what makes me happy from all of those areas, and I’m very fortunate to have my health, and to have great relationships, and so I can focus on what material things in my life I want to have that I get joy from.

1) Learn how to leverage yourself

Learn how to leverage yourself, through one of these platforms, through technology, or maybe even just through other human beings. You can only leverage two things in life, you can leverage time, or you can leverage money.

You can leverage your time through building businesses where you hire employees, or now we live in this great place where you can learn how to leverage yourself through technology.

2) Learning how to make sacrifices

The truth is, you’re going to have to make some sacrifices in this life, if you ultimately want to get to the thing you say you want, and you’ll know if you really want it or not, because you’ll either make excuses or you’ll actually have actionable items and things that you’ll go and do.

You’ll do it if you really ultimately want something more for yourself.

3) Network

I can’t tell you how much I’ve based most of my success on, it’s who I know and not what I know. Get good at networking with people, sometimes you just need to show up, go get in the mix, go where whatever it is you have interest in doing, go be where those people are.

You don’t know who you’re going to meet, and what single nugget of information is going to completely transform the way you look at whatever it is you’re doing, because more than anything on this planet, it will be other human beings that will ultimately add value to you and help you in your success, in getting you to your path and goals and dreams.

Go and network. Go and meet people.